It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Puerto Rico Activity
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 am 

Can anyone offer anymore information about the long ago closed waterpark at Puerto Rico?

Cranes have been spotted on-site removing sections of slides etc.... but I haven't read anything about re-opening the park, or completely dismantling it for another project on the same site?

Does anyone know anything more about this please? TIA

Post subject: Re: Puerto Rico Activity
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:50 am 

It is going to be turned into a large shopping centre, with Supermarket, clothes shops, restaurants and bars.

According to a blog I read: "The venture is backed 60% by Fund Grube owners Ghirdari and Manmohan Chhabria, 20% Amid Achi and 20% Javier Puga." Work was due to start back in 2016, but for whatever reason there have obviously been delays.

I just hope this really does happen, as we don't need another half finished project.....

Anyone that sees anything happening, perhaps they can comment on here so we can keep up to date with this project?

Post subject: Re: Puerto Rico Activity
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:35 am 

Sweet, thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I was being a bit lazy and could have looked it up :? :? :? I just wouldn't have known where to start

I think that's great news, as long as its going to be completed as you say - and when it does that people will open shops there, there's nothing worse than a large but dead shopping centre with no life. It reminds me of the one they built at the Marina Rubicon in Playa Blanca Lanzarote (although they have done a load of work to make it look a bit better, its still in a rather odd place and usually empty... I always think)