It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Where should I come to stay on holiday?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:12 am 

Hi everyone,

I have been looking into where to stay in Gran Canaria and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or preferences of where to stay in the south?

Ive been looking at Playa del Ingles. And although I would like some nightlife, I don´t plan to be out partying every night.

Lots of people say good things about Puerto Mogan, but does that have enough life in evenings? :?

Thanks all for your help.....

(oh yeah, I´m in my 30´s and coming out with a friend - we will hire a car so we can see the sights too.)

Post subject: Re: Where should I come to stay on holiday?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 pm 

It all depends on what you´re after.

Playa del Inglés has the most active night life but if you don´t want to stay in the heart of the action then perhaps Maspalomas is the best place, as your´re just a taxi journey from the nightlife but still have a slightly quieter place to stay in the day time (and you can go and visit the Dunes too - an absolute must if you are in the area).

Puerto Rico is lovely, we had a great time there and then made our way to Puerto de Mogan which is very pretty indeed - we were quite surprised, after previously visiting Playa del Inglés to see such a difference - like chalk and cheese. Not that I mean it in a bad way - it just depends on what you´re looking for.

If you want a more local feel, then look up Las Palmas - it has plenty of nightlife (if you can stay up late enough to experience it, unlike me.... :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: ) Its pretty big and split into various districts - theres some info on this webpage if you look on the blue banner on the left of the screen which might help you too.

Gran Canaria really is a mix - so I´d suggest hiring a car, that way you can travel around and see a few places (and perhaps find your next holiday destination - just like we did).

Post subject: Re: Where should I come to stay on holiday in Gran Canaria?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 am 

We loved Meloneras - its quieter and more upmarket than nearby places and when we wanted to head out for a bit more of a lively/late night, we grabbed a cab.

We stayed at Lopesan Costa Meloneras - which was fabulous. Its a 4* plus - god knows what the difference between that and a 5* is.....

The area is really nice and you are close to the dunes too, which are spectacular - we went a few times, at different times of day (great photography just before sunset too).

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:41 am 

Puerto de Mogán is beautiful. Not too big and built up like other places, very classy.

Nice restaurants and bars and lovely to walk along the front too.

There are boat trips that you can do from the Marina and theres a market (I think on a Friday too).

My parents and friends have been many times and prefer this to other areas, as it's quiet but theres still enough going on.... if you know what I mean (i.e not dead at night, but not nightclub 3am style debauchery either).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:20 am 

Thanks everyone :) :) :)

Has anyone stayed at the Bohemia Suites and Spa in Playa del Ingles? It looks really good and after a chat with my friend, she suggested I ask you guys on the forum given you seem to know quite a bit.....

I emailed the hotel with a few questions and they came back to me REALLY quickly which I think is a good sign! It looks fun and funky and in the heart of things.....

Any comments are greatly appreciated :) Thanks again everyone :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm 

Haven't stayed there but would love to.

A friend has been in contact with the hotel recently and said they've been really efficient and helpful - a great sign. :)

If you do stay - let us know what you think :)